Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update, primary voting

Before I started training for this triathlon, my workout schedule included three runs a week (two short and one long), Pilates twice a week, and weights twice a week. I did Pilates and weights on the same night and had two days a week off. I thought I was doing ok, but compared to my training schedule now I was doing very little. This week’s schedule includes three swims, two bike rides, two runs, and two strength training sessions - that’s nine workouts. Here’s what I’ve done since last Thursday:

Friday - 10 mile run
Saturday - 30 min run
Sunday - swim
Monday - 30 min bike, strength training
Tuesday - swim, 40 min run

Had to do the long run on Friday because I’m registered for a half-marathon at the start of March and must be able to keep up to my Mom, whose best half-marathon time is over a minute faster than mine.

At the pool today I noticed that the rec centre was busy for so early in the morning, and then I remembered it was primary day. I tried to vote but it turns out the rec centre is not my voting station - which I should have known, but I was just so excited about being able to vote so easily. Unfortunately, I’m not going out tonight because we have freezing rain. On my way home from work I walk over a bridge, and tonight it was covered with a sheet of ice. I had to cling to the fence next to the sidewalk to keep from slipping backwards on the way up, and I skated all the way down. It was kind of fun. No voting for me until November.