It's the start of another easy week!
Last week went pretty well. I am feeling much less worn out at the start of this easy week than I was at the start of the last easy week.
I had kind of a hard time at Thursday's swim practice. What I had a hard time with was relaxing in the water. I wasn't doing a very good job dealing with choppy water in the lane, and some of my breathing was quite desperate. Even panicky.
One of the coaches told me that there is only one way to get short of breath in the water, and that's by working too hard. So if I find myself getting out of breath, what I have to do is not work so hard. Kick less, let more water slip through my fingers. And remember that there's lots of air available and all I have to do is roll my body and turn my head to find it - no need to go lifting my whole face out of the water. That helped me relax for the last set.
I ordered a whole bunch of Hammer nutrition stuff last week, and today it arrived. I'm so excited to (try to) fuel my body properly.
On Saturday we had a beautiful ride in Leesburg. On Sunday I did my long run in between thunderstorms. It was my first long run of the year wearing shorts. At the very end of my run, a bird pooped on me. It was like a warm drop of water on my neck. It took me a moment to realize that there was no way a drop of water could be so warm. I wiped it off and tried, unsuccesfully, to forget about it.