Sunday, June 8, 2008

2 weeks left

This week we had some bad weather here. On Thursday I left my apartment early in the morning to go swimming and found a tree down in the parking space right next to my car. Luckily, nobody was parked in that space when it happened:





We (my car and I) feel extremely lucky to have escaped disaster.
One of the team captains has a townhouse on a lake, and last weekend and this weekend we had the opportunity to swim there. We swam about a mile each time, which means that I have swum a bit further than race distance in an actual body of water, not just once, but twice. This is pretty amazing for me. And, it wasn't impossibly hard. Near the end of each swim I got a little tired of sighting, but otherwise felt good.
Yesterday we did our last hard weekend workout, a 2 hour bike ride in Loudoun County. It was hot out, maybe up to 95F, and I drank almost two full bottles of water. My bike computer says we went 31 miles. I really enjoyed it, despite the heat.
Next week is the last full week of workouts, then we have a week to recover, and then it's race weekend!