Right after I write this I'm going for a 45 minute run, the very last workout after 20 weeks of training!
I haven't been doing a very good job keeping this blog up to date. Some sort of interesting swimming things have happened. Last weekend we went back to Chesapeake Bay for another open water swim, maybe a whole mile in choppy water. And at our last swimming practise on Thursday we played "water games". I was not much of a participant, but I did learn (sort of) how to tread water. I don't know how some people can do it so easily. It really only works for me if my head is under water - and it's not a very useful skill if my head has to be under water.
Otherwise, I'm almost done packing things up to leave tomorrow morning. I went to the bike store to buy a second tube and more CO2 cartridges. Hopefully, if I'm prepared to deal with two flat tires, I won't get any. The other night I tried to inflate a tire with a CO2 cartridge, and I don't think I did it right, because I sure didn't get enough pressure in the tire. One cartridge is supposed to provide 130psi, says the box. Maybe I'll get it right the second time.
I'm excited! I think the coaches have prepared us well. I think that, unless I'm knocked unconscious in the water or crash my bike, I'll be able to finish feeling good. I'll be back next week to tell you all about it.